PICTURE THIS...

Paul gives a number of PICTURES to describe the BIBLICAL ROLE of being a CAMPUS PASTOR/LEADER.  Here are a few.  Take some time not only to read them, but to think through how each of these pictures DESCRIBES YOUR EVERYDAY LEADING AS A CAMPUS PASTOR/LEADER.  You can read up on each of these in II TIMOTHY 2
  • A SOLDIER - v2
  • An ATHLETE - vs 5
  • A FARMER - vs 6
  • A WORKMAN - vs 15
  • A VESSEL - vs. 20-21
  • A SLAVE/SERVANT - vs. 24
One thing you will notice real quick is each of these gives the sense that being a CAMPUS PASTOR/LEADER calls for SACRIFICE, HARD LABOR, SERVING, and HARDSHIP.

Remember if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!  It won't be easy, but it will be worth it!

Comments

  1. V4 reminds me to keep the main thing the main thing. Not to allow ourselves to get caught up in minor details that don't push the vision and move the people to become fully devoted followers of Christ.
    V5 tells me not to try and cut corners
    V17 tells me the importance of not straying from scripture. Important to remember as I continue to learn the Word and it's implications. I need to be cognizant of when I am in a setting to talk out what things mean and when I am in a situation where I am teaching
    V24 how I deal with EGRs is huge
    V25 GENTLY instruct....no sledgehammers

    All challenging stuff. But if at the end I get to be among the first to enjoy the fruit of my labor (v6) and hear " well done,, my good and faithful servant".... WOW! There is no amount of effort and sacrifice that would be too much for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Joe! Living too to hear WELL DONE!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

LEADERS LEAD

Got To Love It