HOW TO SURVIVE MINISTRY...

One of the quesitons that came up at the PASTORS MEETING was how is it that I have survived ministry for 26 years?  I thought this was a great question because there are way to many people who start ministry and never finish.  I though about the question, and I also though about it in relationship to my personal life and marriage.  I came up with a ONE WORD ANSWER.  If the leaders that day were looking for some deep theological answer I am sure they were very dissapointed with my answer, but it was an hooest answer.  What was my ONE WORD ANSWER?  Its simple really, to SURVIVE MINISTRY, and to HAVE AN AMAZING MARRIAGE, you have to keep it... ready...no i mean are you really ready?  You have to keep it...

F.U.N.

Thats right, you have to have F.U.N.!  Study the life of Jesus, I mean really study it, and you will see Jesus was a man, a leader who was ENTHUSIASTICALLY ENJOYED life!  Really, with all the responsibilities He had on His shoulders, JESUS HAD FUN! 

I know we usually dont think of Jesus in these terms, but it is one of the beautiful things about Him!  Remember he is the one who said...

Proverbs 17:22a, "A cheerful heart is good medicine,..."  NLT

Ministry is tough enough, and the stresses it brings are real to us as leaders and to our families.  So make sure one of the things we all work on is KEEPING IT FUN!  What say ye?

Comments

  1. It's always nice when you can not only be informed, but also get knowledge, from these type of blog, nice entry. Thanks



    security equipment

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I am so pumped to be serving the Lord side by side with my closest friends!
    A wise man once said to me " do what you love and never work a day in you life"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! I have a similar verse written on the white board at my desk, "A happy heart makes the face cheerful.." Proverbs 15:13. We can't let the busyness of life and serving weigh us down with stress. We need to keep the main thing the main thing and have fun serving the Lord!

    ~LC

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

LEADERS LEAD

Got To Love It