BUILDING LEADERSHIP TEAMS

The third question that I was asked to address at a recent pastors meeting was HOW IS IT THAT GRANITE HAS SO MANY HIGH LEVEL LEADERS, HOW DID WE GET THERE? So here are a few of the things I shared.

1. Developing leaders is both the hardest and most rewarding thing we can do as leaders.

2. Not developing leaders is to set Gods church up to fail.

3. Develeoping leaders requires an intentional plan.

4. Outside of prayer and study, NOTHING is more important the developing leaders. Without
raising up and developing leaders the church is one generation from failure.

5. Recruiting leaders is seeing things in people that they sometimes don't see in themselves.

6. You want leaders who are initiaters, they do not need to be pulled along.

7. Schedule times to meet, pray, and read together, REGULARLY.

8. Show me your leaders and I will tell you what you believe God will do in your church

Remember these are things that I shared with a group of church leaders, church planters who asked me specific questions because of their desire to reach people for Jesus Christ. At the end of the day all we are doing is tring to cooperate with the calling and gifts that God has placed in people. we can never forget that we are not building "organizations" but working with God to mature and develop His church.

What an awesome privilege we have as leaders to pour our lives into people!

Comments

  1. I love number three - it not only will keep you on track and not revert to Crisis Management mode, but it show your leaders the are valued by the time and effort You are putting in to give them your best.

    Definitely an area, a discipline,I want to grow in.

    Gregg

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. 5 resonates with me...
    I have been on both sides of this equation....
    Thank you for seeing in me what I never saw and pouring into me to help me realize what God has gifted me to do...
    Also, now there is nothing like the feeling of seeing someone take steps they didn't think they could even though the potential was clear to me. To see them mature ad leaders is so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

LEADERS LEAD

Got To Love It