SOMEBODY MISSED SOMETHING! #1

While in Pennsylvania recently I thought my long search had come to an end, only to be incredibly dissapointed. See all my life I have longed to find the WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER, and this journey of mine has led me from Fudruckers in Salem, New Hampshire to McDonald's in Jerusalem, Israel. With each visit I have yet to discover what I would call the WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER, but then the amazing took place. In Pennsylvania there it was, the one thing I had long for all my life, a restaurant that had in BIG BOLD LETTERS on the side of its building HOME OF THE WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER! Oh the joy that flooded my soul, could it finally be that I have found the answer to the one question I had been asking all my life. Could it be true that right here across the street from where I was staying was the place that would finally quench my hunger for the perfect burger! So what did I do? I did any man would do who has spent a life time SEARCHING, I pulled right into the parking lot, stomach growling to be fed, eyes full of tears (no not really), and plastic card in hand. And what did I discover? That the WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER place was closed for business! WHAT!!!!!! CLOSED DOWN!!!!! Are you kidding me! Oh what the roller-coaster of emotions I was experiencing. Thinking I had finally found it! Thinking that after all these years of searching, to be in the parking lot, only to be drive away with HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

So what went wrong? I think there are two possible things...

1. Maybe what they thought was the WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER really wasn't the WORLD'S GREATEST BURGER at all. Maybe they had convinced themselves to think that they were offering one thing, when in REALITY they were offering something else?

HMMMMM? I wonder why the average church in America is on the decline? Could it be that the she has convinced herself that she is serving something she isn't? Just something to think about until tomorrow.

Comments

  1. That post changed my life. BTW the greatest burger is served at AL's Burgers, place in ASHLAND, OREGON. Incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

FOUR BIG QUESTIONS

NEGATRON EASTER INVITE