ITS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE

MINISTRY is all about PEOPLE. I know that seems like it should go without saying, but trust me if we're not careful to keep the main thing the main thing, then a lot of other things will force themselves before people. What kind of things you ask? Things like...
  • TRADITIONS - Sure we have pushed back from being OLD SCHOOL, but we need to guard against clinging to NEW TRADITIONS. We must always be willing to challenge what we are doing with what we should be doing.
  • CREATIVITY - Don't get me wrong, although I am not a CREATIVE GENIUS (sorry Ed Young I really want to be) I do love creativity. But if we are not careful we will lose what God has called us to communicate trying to be overly creative. I believe the true result of CREATIVITY is when we have nailed the truth God has called us to unpack.
  • MINISTRY MEETINGS - Leadership development is absolutely crucial to a churches success. However if we spend all out time talking ministry strategies, then we will actually never minister. We need to make sure we keep a proper balance when it comes to ministry meetings and ministry. How many hours do we spend doing each? It may be a good idea to keep a couple weeks worth of logging the hours spent in each area?.
Bottom line is Jesus is all about PEOPLE. He came to be a people ( I know, go with it), He lived among the people, He served people, He gave His life for people, I think you get the point. PEOPLE, PEOPLE, PEOPLE. Yesterday at our church family fun day we were reminded once again its all about people! GRANITE let's never forget the DREAM OF JESUS IS ALL ABOUT PEOPLE.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

LEADERS LEAD

Got To Love It