It's About FREAKING Time

GUEST BLOGGER: Court Holloway, United Staff

Being a Pastor @ Granite is a privilege... actually an honor. Being so young and having very little experience prior to being @ Granite, there has been a learning curve. Anyone on our leadership team, you know what I am saying!

Here is the deal. There comes a point when you finally execute on something, you just exclaim "It's about FREAKING time" and realize it wasn't nearly as TOUGH as you thought it would be, it had a much BIGGER pay off than you expected, and it ultimately pointed more people to JESUS than you imagined. Those "It's About FREAKING Time" moments stick with you, especially when you realize the confusion or conflict your lack of execution caused.

So how do we kill off these "It's About FREAKING Time" situations? Here are some thoughts:

1.) Make a habit of ASKING GOD to mold your HEART and ATTITUDE to be receptive.
2.) Listen to your BOSS/Pastor/Leader the FIRST TIME. (Hebrews 13:17)
3.) Ask for clarification if you don't understand.
4.) Try to implement immediately. Keep your LEADER up to date on progress.
5.) Take it as FAR AS YOU CAN & Involve OTHERS.
6.) Listen to your Leader the FIRST TIME... wait did I say that already?
7.) *add your own here* I haven't written a book on this so there has got be a ton I left off.

Peace. Follow me @courtholloway on TWITTER *SHAMELESS PLUG*

Comments

  1. That was just what I needed to hear, Court. I enjoy thinking through things and making sure everything make sense and why it ought to be done and yadi yadi yada...I need more "It's about FREAKIN' time!" moments. Great points, my friend. Reminds me of an ancient Chinese proverb:

    "Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare."

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Ian. I feel like light bulbs are going off in my head everyday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

LEADERS LEAD

Got To Love It