Shepherds Shepherd!

Now here is a thought that came to me, shepherds should shepherd and sheep should sheep, if that little bit of information doesn't change the church world nothing will. I recently encouraged our leadership team to shepherd the sheep, and not to get put into a position where the sheep shepherd the shepherds, now process that for a moment. I have found that God's plan runs smoother when leaders lead. Does that mean that sheep are any less important? Absolutely not! As a matter of fact when I read my Bible it says that shepherds give their lives for the sheep. Sounds to me that sheep must be pretty special! So let me throw out a few questions to chew on if you are a leader:

1. You call your self a leader but is anyone following you?
2. You call yourself a leader but do you have a clear picture of where JEsus has
called you to lead His flock?
3. You call yourself a leader but are you willing to fight for the sheep and at
times fight with the sheep to keep them on God's path? Remember there are
reasons sheep need shepherds!

Three simple questions but the answers to them, will ultimately determine how effective we will be in accomplishing the DREAM of JESUS in our churches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

FOUR BIG QUESTIONS

NEGATRON EASTER INVITE