MINISTRY LONGEVITY

Had a great talk today with a young pastor who asked how after 33 years of ministry have I stayed so positive and engaged. GREAT QUESTION! He wondered if I have dealt with the stuff on the picture listed in a previous post and for the most part I HAVE NOT.

That doesn't mean Christy and I don't tired or a tad bit stressed at times (just ask the GU TEAM, lol) but what it does mean we have built things into our lives that keep us focused and moving forward. So he asked what are some of those things? I'll list a couple for your reading pleasure, lol!

1. A CLEAR CALL FROM GOD - Nothing trumps GODS CALLING in our lives.
2. CELEBRATING THE WINS - Even though there are tough things about ministry THE WINS/LIFE CHANGE always rules our passion.
3. MY WIFE/KIDS - Seeing our kids grow up to serve GOD and then to serve THE LORD together is one of our dreams come true!
4. OUR CHURCH - I ENJOY OUR CHURCH! Church is not a chore or something I "have to do" its honestly something Christy and I LOVE DOING! We get to be part of this movement called GRANITE UNITED! WOW!!!!
5. THE RIGHT FRIENDS - Christy and I are blessed to have amazing people in our lives who BREATHE LIFE into our spirits!
6. LAUGH - Yep, I really try to LAUGH AS MUCH AS I CAN! Christy and I are just enjoying the ride!!!!

I'm not trying to over simplify "the ministry" but its really been one of the greatest joys in our lives. To live a life fully surrendered to GODS CALLING has resulted in BLESSING AFTER BLESSING blessings I don't deserve but sure am thankful for!
Obviously there was more to the conversation but I felt like i needed to share. Have a great day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NOTHING CAN REPLACE THE LOCAL CHURCH

FOUR BIG QUESTIONS

NEGATRON EASTER INVITE